|Hours*||MASSAGE STUDY CURRICULUM|
|40||Kinesiology and Palpation|
|40||Physiology and Fundamentals|
|4||Self Marketing and Business 101|
|41||Connective Tissue Therapy|
|45||Swedish Massage Foundations|
|9||Hot Stone Massage|
|16||Research and Evidence Informed Practice.|
|201||Supervised Student Clinic|
MASSAGE THERAPY PROGRAM: 630 HOURS
The goal of Ultimate Massage Training Academy is to develop Massage Therapist focusing on client care and developing the technical skills that are necessary to deliver the benefits that massage therapy can offer. Our graduates will have the skill and knowledge to pass the state licensing requirements and ultimately go on to rewarding careers in the Massage Therapy Industry.
ULTIMATE MASSAGE TRAINING ACADEMY OBJECTIVES:
After graduation our students will be able to:
1. Find gainful employment in the Massage Therapy field or be able to work independently.
2. Provide treatment based on proper evaluation and assessment of client’s needs.
3. Deliver the best possible message based on information provided by the client and will be able to provide instruction for post massage care.
4. Apply best practices and technical knowledge gained from our experienced massage therapist while at Ultimate Massage Training Academy.
5. Use and draw on resources provided by the Ultimate Massage Training Academy as well as utilizing the continuing education to stay current on the latest trends, information and best practices in the industry.
The Ultimate Massage Training Academy will follow the state and federal guidelines not to discriminate in regards to admissions, employment, instructions and graduation requirements. Ultimate Massage Training Academy will voluntarily follow the practice of ethical conduct when dealing with; applicants, students, faculty, other educational institutions and community in large and not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, ethnic or national origin, or physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability. The Ultimate Massage Training Academy will not recruit students already attending or admitted to another school offering similar programs of study. The Ultimate Massage Training Academy will require that each student enrolling in the Massage Therapy programs:
- Complete an application for enrolment
- Provide proof of secondary education
- Have graduated from high school or successfully completed the EQUIVALENT of twelfth grade.
Classes will be scheduled daily at the Ultimate Massage Training Academy with a 45 minute lunch break for schedules over 4 hours daily (Subject to change)
Massage Therapy: 630 Hours or Current State Requirements.
Day Program: 25.2 Hours/wk, 25 weeks
(Tue-Wed-Fri-Sat) 10 am – 4:45 pm)
Night Program: 15.75 Hours/wk, 40 weeks
(Mon-Thurs-Sat) 4:45 pm – 10 pm)
(Subject to change)
The requirements for admission into the Ultimate Massage Training Academy Massage and Bodywork Diploma program are:
- 18 years of age
- High school completion or GED
- U.S. Citizenship, permanent residency, or lawful admission in the U.S.
- Completion of an online Application for Admission including a short essay explaining why the applicant wants to pursue a career in massage therapy
- An interview with an admission officer
- Good physical and mental health, ensuring the candidate is capable of meeting the physical and emotional demands of performing therapeutic massage.
- Financial preparation
- Good moral character(*)
(*) In determining “good moral character”, we consider conviction of any crime, whether felony or misdemeanor, or any crime that is directly related to the practice of the profession.
In Celebration of our Grand Opening
Early payment price is $8600
Payment plan tuition is $9754
Regular Tuition is $11,475. It includes:
- Application/registration fee.
- Instruction offered in a small group setting 8-12 students, at the spa setting environment thought by knowledgeable instructors with real-life experience
- Materials, Supplies, and Fees as follows:
- ABMP membership
- Polo shirt for clinic use
- Lotions and creams for classroom and clinic use
- Sheets for clinic use
- Free transcripts for NCBTMB and the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation
- Cost of MBLEx licensing exam, as long as the exam is passed within 15 days of the last day of classes
Students are expected to own or have access to a massage table for home use, and to own or have access to the following books:
Mosby’s Essential Sciences for Therapeutic Massage, by Sandy Fritz, Fifth Edition
Mosby’s Fundamentals of Therapeutic Massage, by Sandy Fritz, Sixth Edition
Optional: Muscolino KNOW THE BODY, Muscle, Bone, and Palpatation Essentials, by Joseph E. Muscolino
Optional: Clinical Massage Therapy, by Talus Inc.
Early Payment Discount
If tuition is paid in full prior to the first day of classes a 15% discount applies.
Ultimate Massage Training Academy Payment Plan
This interest-free payment plan tuition consists of minimum down payment of $500 and up to eleven monthly installments. The down payment is due upon registration and the first installment is due on the first day of classes. Subsequent installments are due monthly.
Extended Payment Plans
These plans are a great way to get the training you want with monthly payments as low as $297 per month. With these plans you can expect low interest, option to add a co-signer, and option to pay by credit, debit or check.
Up to 50% of the program can be paid by working at the school. Subject to availability.
Major credit cards accepted
Tuition payments can be conveniently made using Visa, Mastercard or Discover Card.
Please call our office at 708-428-0002 for additional information.